GfxTablet allows you to use your Android powered Tablet to act almost like real graphics tablet! Connect your device via WiFi and start painting in any image editing program on your Desktop PC. This is best used when you have a Stylus Pen on your device, because the app supports pressure sensitivity!
Attention: Currently works only under Linux, because we don't know anyone that can develop a driver for Windows or Mac. If you want to see what the app does, try to boot with a LiveCD or install VirtualBox to run a Linux in your host system.
For help and discussion, please visit our forums: https://forums.bitfire.at/category/3/gfxtablet
It was a lot of work to create this app! So If you want to support this open source project please consider a donation on PayPal (see details here: http://rfc2822.github.io/GfxTablet/).
* Draw and Paint in all of your Desktop applications (i.e. GIMP!)
* 10.000 pressure sensitivity levels!
* Navigate the DesktopPC display by hovering it with your Stylus Pen
* Switch to StylusPen only painting (no interruption by your touching the device with your hand)
* Display mapping (your device' screen will be scaled to map your Desktop PC resolution
* Native full-screen drawing mode
* Enhanced grid on your canvas to help with positioning
* Load an image template to your canvas to learn drawing!
* Wireless connection via WiFi
* Low network traffic (3 kB/s)
* Realtime painting!
* native Android 4+ app
How to use:
* Install the app
* Download the uinput binary file and run it (download here: http://rfc2822.github.com/GfxTablet/#part-1-uinput-driver). Leave it open as long as you want your PC to receive input events from your Android device.
* Enable WiFi on the device, connect it to your LAN.
* Open the app, go to Settings and enter the IP address of your Desktop machine.
* Open i.e. GIMP, go to Preferences / Input devices. Choose "NetworkTablet" and set its mode to "Screen".
* Happy painting ;)
Uploaded: Sep 18, 2016 at 14:53 CDT