With this app you can open links to facebook.com (and fb.com or fb.me) from email, chat or any other application in Facebook native app.
HTTP → FB converts those links to fb:// url scheme using Facebook API when necessary.
HTTP to FB acts as web browser (only for facebook.com, fb.com and fb.me urls) and you can set it as default browser for those links.
Works with links to:
- Pages / Places
- Redirect links inside Facebook app (so you can e.g. open YouTube videos in YouTube native app)
Doesn't work with links to:
- Posts (links works, but content is never loaded so I disabled this by default)
- Videos (this one is kind of possible but you would have to authenticate with your account and I could only give you a link to the source quality (e.g. 720p), let me know if this functionality would be useful)
- links like facebook.com/ProfileName/photos will always open that profile/page.
INTERNET - For Facebook API, some links (like profile/page names) have to be converted to IDs.
- UpdatedAugust 18,2014
- Current Version0.3.1
- Requires AndroidAndroid 2.3.3 or higher